Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Forty and Fabulous!!

Forty and Fabulous...and least that is what I keep telling myself as today marks my fortieth birthday. I end today thankful for the life that I have, the blessings that I have and thankful for another day on this earth. I started out the day in a downer mindset, instead of looking at the positive I chose to first start with what I consider to be wrong with where I am in my life at age 40. Certainly not where I thought I would be at 40. It isn't the number 40 that got me today, it was the reflection on my life that got me. Not being where I thought I would be, not having accomplished the things I thought I would blah, blah, blah...Thankfully, I have good friends that don't allow me to stay there for long, and it wasn't long before I was sporting a tierra and laughing hysterically to stipper music and a strip tease(no- I wasn't at a bar, and no-they did not pay for a stripper). I celebrated my birthday with my biggest blessing of all-my children. We went to Ted's for Mexican food, Happy Cino De Mayo!! and then to cheer Chandler on at his baseball game. I would not have wanted it any other way, well except if someone else had picked up the tab at Ted's, I guess that would have been nice:-) I am known to say this "it is what it is", and forty is just that "it is what it is". Bring on the forties and bring on the tierra!!

No comments:

Post a Comment