Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March Savings a Success!!

This month I saved every receipt I had on my purchases, at the end of the month I wanted to be able to review my spending and see if I had really saved w/my coupons. I must say I am very pleased, this month I was able to stock pile deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner, razors, paper towels, toilet paper and laundry detergent. I have so much of the above items that I will probably not have to buy them for MANY months!! Here's the final count:

OOP: $357.04
Saved: $527.22

I spent about $90.00 per week on groceries, health & beauty, paper goods, my lunches for work and even Easter candy is included!! For my first full month of really digging in my heals and doing this I'd say I did pretty great:-) So yes it is possible to save 50% on your grocery bill, and yes it was worth my time and effort to save that 50%...stay tuned for April, I hope I can do even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment